India: 9-Day Luxury Small-Group Tour with Ranthambore National Park Safari, Sunset Taj Mahal Visit & Agra Fort Photoshoot
Discover incredible India on this nine-day, luxury small-group cultural tour (max. 16 travellers). Beginning in Delhi, tick off amazing experiences such as the Taj Mahal, staying in world-class luxury accommodation as you travel through Agra, Ranthambore National Park, and the 'Pink City' of Jaipur. Enjoy both sunrise and sunset tours of the Taj Mahal in Agra, take a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi and explore its iconic Jama Mosque before a guided tour of Humayun’s Tomb and a colourful Dilli Haat market visit in New Delhi. Go in search of the elusive Bengal tiger during game drives in Ranthambore National Park and visit the ornate Amber Fort in Jaipur before being treated to a private tour of the stunning City Palace, taking in rooms otherwise closed to the general public.
Experience eight nights of luxury accommodation, including two nights at Shangri-La Eros Hotel, located in the heart of New Delhi, a night at ITC Mughal by Marriot in Agra, just moments from the Taj Mahal, two nights at the opulent Nahargarh Ranthambhore and three nights at the majestic ITC Rajputana by Marriot — A Luxury Collection Hotel. With a selection of dining experiences at award-winning restaurants, a domestic flight from Jaipur to Delhi, insider experiences and so much more, this is your ultimate introduction to India.
Your journey takes you to: Delhi — Agra — Ranthambore — Jaipur — Delhi.
Welcome to Delhi! Your Luxury Escapes experience starts on arrival as you're met at the aerobridge (DEL) by a local representative. You'll be escorted through immigration to a private car that will transfer you to your luxury hotel located in the vibrant centre of the city.
Step inside the luxurious Shangri-La Eros Hotel, situated in the beating heart of New Delhi and a short drive from the Presidential Estate, easily connected to all this fascinating city has to offer.
The remainder of the day is spent at your leisure — relax and unwind before you join your fellow travellers for a welcome dinner at award-winning onsite Tamra Restaurant, showcasing five interactive live kitchens and taking the culinary experience to another level with its exciting 'world on your platter' concept.
After breakfast, venture out to explore Old Delhi, home to some of the city’s most magnificent monuments. Founded as the walled city of Shahjahanabad in 1639, it was once filled with mansions and nobles and continues to be regarded as the symbolic heart of Delhi. Visit Jama Mosque, one of the largest mosques in India, built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan between 1644 and 1656. Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the busy streets of the old city and stop at the Khari Baoli, Asia’s largest spice market, to sample the sights, colours and fragrant spices of the stores that have filled this area for hundreds of years.
Enjoy lunch at Kwality restaurant, one of Delhi's oldest restaurants opened in 1940, where you'll feast on North Indian and Anglo-Indian continental cuisine. Following lunch, head to New Delhi, where you will take a guided tour of Humayun’s Tomb, built in 1565 and now a protected UNESCO site. Later, drive past the famous India Gate and stop at the President’s Palace for a tour with a local historian before continuing to Gandhi’s Smriti, a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. Your final stop is Dilli Haat — a large outdoor market, where local artists from across the country come to exhibit and sell their creations, from elaborately decorated textiles to beautifully crafted jewellery and ceramics. You'll get the opportunity to meet the artisans and pick up a memorable souvenir.
After breakfast, you will be transferred by private vehicle to Agra, home of the world’s most famous monument dedicated to love — the Taj Mahal.
Check into your luxury hotel with time to relax before heading out this afternoon for a special sunset tour of Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal. This spectacular monument was built by the Muslim Emperor Shah Jahan, of the Mughal dynasty, in memory of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who had 14 children before dying in childbirth. Disconsolate at her death, Shah Jahan ordered the construction of the Taj Mahal as a posthumous gift and lasting monument to his love.
Take in the stunning sight as the sun sets against its white marble domes and minaret while a local professional photographer from Luxury Escapes' official partner — Travelshoot —coordinates a fun photoshoot as the ultimate travel keepsake. Strike a pose or act candid — your professional photographer is passionate about India and knows the best spots for some extraordinary photos as the sun sets over the Agra Fort.
Time permitting, this evening you will visit Agra’s Missionaries of Charity, Mother Teresa’s home for underprivileged and orphaned children.
This morning, rise early to visit the Taj Mahal when it is at its most peaceful: at sunrise.
Return to the hotel for breakfast before heading to Ranthambore National Park, a former royal hunting ground of the Maharajas, now a vast wildlife reserve famous for its Bengal tiger population. En route, stop for a guided tour of Fatehpur Sikri, a magnificent fortified ancient city and the former capital of the Mughal empire, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Enjoy lunch at a charming local restaurant before boarding the train to Ranthambore National Park. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to your stunning hotel, built in a style reminiscent of the royal retreats that formerly housed maharajas. Stretching across acres of land and encompassed by lush wilderness, this tranquil experience will create wonderful lasting memories.
Before dinner in the opulent Grand Dining Hall, enjoy a talk by an expert naturalist on Ranthambore National Park and the conservation efforts being made to protect the Royal Bengal tigers and other wildlife.
Today, enjoy morning and afternoon game drives through Ranthambore National Park accompanied by an expert naturalist guide. Go in search of the elusive Bengal tigers and other wildlife, including leopards, striped hyenas, sambar deer, jackals and sloth bears, as well as an abundance of birdlife.
Between game drives, retreat to the beautiful grounds of your hotel and enjoy your day like royalty past. Spend time at the outdoor pool, admire the stunning hotel grounds, or reinvigorate your senses at the Spa offering traditional Indian treatments (additional charges apply).
Choose to enjoy a leisurely morning relaxing at your hotel or alternatively join an optional visit to the 10th-century Ranthambore Fort, which towers over the forest as if protecting its inhabitants from danger. Inside the fort, there are three Hindu temples dedicated to Ganesh, Shiva and Ramlalji, constructed in the 12th and 13th centuries from red Karauli stone. The view of the forest from the top of the fort is breathtaking.
Return to the hotel for lunch before driving approximately 3.5 hours to Jaipur — the famous 'Pink City', capital of India’s Rajasthan state and home to the royal family that once ruled the region.
On arrival, transfer to the stunning ITC Rajputana by Marriot – A Luxury Collection Hotel, inspired by the imposing architecture of Rajasthan's traditional havelis, and located in the heart of the city. This evening is spent at your leisure, enjoying one of the award-winning restaurants or relaxing in the opulence of your room.
Rise early this morning and take to the skies with an optional hot air balloon ride over Jaipur (extra charges apply)*. Float gently above the city as it wakes beneath you, taking in its colours and amazing sites.
Enjoy breakfast before heading out on a guided tour of Jaipur. Begin your day with the visit to the 16th-century Amber Fort, known for its unique artistic style, blending both Hindu and Muslim elements, and its ornate and breathtaking artistic mastery. Later, stop by Hawa Mahal, also known as the 'Palace of the Winds'. This pink palace is considered the finest example of Rajput architecture and its lattice-like exterior of sandstone and stained glass is one of the area’s most eye-catching icons.
Savour lunch at Baradari, located inside the City Palace, and enjoy the royal ambience before a tour of this amazing monument. The City Palace and its museum house a superb collection of Rajasthani costumes and the armoury of the Mughals and Rajputs, including swords, antiques and other artefacts. A highlight of your visit today will be a specially curated private tour of the City Palace, covering areas closed to the general public, where the royal family still reside. Visit a collection of private rooms and discover them in detail, away from the crowds.
Next, visit Jantar Mantar Observatory, built to compile astronomical tables and predict the time and movement of the sun, moon and planets, before returning to your hotel for an evening at your leisure.
*Note: Hot air balloon ride is weather dependent and does not operate April — June. This can be arranged locally by your guide and is payable direct.
Enjoy a full day of leisure, relaxing in the surrounds of your luxury resort. From the exciting outdoor activities to the lavish indoors of the hotel — a choice of luxurious options awaits. Unwind by the outdoor pool, indulge in a therapeutic massage (extra charges apply) or hit the state-of-the-art health and fitness centre.
Alternatively, join your group this afternoon for a complimentary optional tuk-tuk ride through the colourful bazaars of the old city. You will have plenty of time for shopping, with everything from local gems, jewellery and antiques to colourful saris on offer. Meet the skilled artists behind your treasures and learn the local art of block printing, tie-dye and blue pottery.
Return to the hotel late this afternoon in time for a special farewell dinner at one of the hotel’s award-winning restaurants.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before transferring to the airport for your included early afternoon flight to Delhi*. Your Indian adventure comes to an end on arrival at Delhi Airport (DEL).
*Note: If you are booking an onward connection, please do not book your flight to leave before 6pm.
- Eight nights of luxury accommodation, including two nights at the stunning Shangri-La Eros Hotel in the heart of the New Delhi, one night at ITC Mughal in Agra, just moments from the Taj Mahal, two nights at the opulent Nahargarh Ranthambhore and three nights at the majestic ITC Rajputana — A Luxury Collection Hotel
- Daily breakfast plus a selection of dining experiences at award-winning restaurants
- Sunrise and sunset tours of the Taj Mahal
- Travelshoot photography experience at the Agra Fort
- Rickshaw ride through the market streets of Old Delhi
- Tour through the President’s Palace, subject to availability (see the Fine Print for details) and the Mahatma Gandhi Museum in New Delhi, guided by a local historian
- Morning and evening safari game drives through Ranthambore National Park, accompanied by an expert naturalist guide
- Guided behind-the-scenes tour of the City Palace in Jaipur, visiting rooms usually closed to the general public
- Visit the ornate Amber Fort in Jaipur, a 16th-century architectural masterpiece of Hindu and Muslim influences
- Tuk-tuk ride through the colourful bazaars of Jaipur, offering everything from spices and textiles to precious gems and antiques
- Domestic flight from Jaipur to Delhi
- Private airport transfers
- Expert English-speaking guides, insider experiences, private transportation, plus sightseeing and entrance fees throughout the tour
The Accommodation – Experience India’s most opulent hotels, including a royal stay at Nahargarh Ranthambhore
Begin your tour in five-star comfort at Shangri-La Eros Hotel in New Delhi. Located in the heart of the city, this stunning property boasts five award-winning restaurants and bars, plus a fully equipped gym and tranquil Shangri-La CHI Spa. Enjoy world-renowned, signature Shangri-La luxury in a spacious Deluxe Room with L’Occitane toiletries.
In Agra, you will be perfectly positioned near the Taj Mahal at ITC Mughal by Marriot, Agra – A Luxury Collection Hotel, set amid 24 acres of sprawling gardens. Choose to dine across five bars and restaurants, make use of The Royal Spa and swimming pool or simply enjoy the luxurious comfort of your Mughal Chamber room.
A palatial sanctuary awaits you at Nahargarh Ranthambhore, a fascinating hotel built in a style reminiscent of the royal retreats that formerly housed maharajas. Stretching across acres of lush wilderness, this is one of the most indulgent properties in Rajasthan, just moments from incredible wildlife experiences and safaris. Experience world-class dining with a dinner at The Grand Dining Hall included. Replete with fine intricate mirror work and regal charm, this incredible restaurant offers an exquisite experience of dining like a royal.
Revel in timeless luxury at the five-star ITC Rajputana by Marriot — A Luxury Collection Hotel, an ode to the 'Pink City', with opulent décor inspired by the romance and regal majesty of yore. Guest services include a spa and five bars and restaurants.
Dates & pricing
Booking Summary: After you book, please follow the instructions in your booking summary email and ensure you complete your traveller information details within 7 days.
- Please note, this initial email is not your tour confirmation. Tours often require a minimum amount of travellers to go ahead, so your departure may not be guaranteed immediately
- Once there is an update on the status of your tour, you will be contacted via email by a member of our Tours Concierge Team, and they will advise if the tour has been confirmed. Please do not book flights or make any non-flexible arrangements until you receive this update.
- Should you require assistance with your tour, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at email@example.com who will be happy to assist with any of your queries and who will support you right up until you return from your journey.
7-Day Change of ‘No Questions Asked’ Refund Guarantee:
- Things don’t always work out. Our 7-day Change of Mind Guarantee is there to help. Bookings (except for cruise bookings, flights and deposit fee, if applicable, which are subject to the cancellation terms of the relevant supplier) may be cancelled with a full refund provided that cancellation occurs strictly within 7 days from the date of purchase and provided that the cancellation is made no less than 60 days prior to the departure date.
Following the 7-Day Change of Mind Guarantee period,
- Name corrections may incur a fee
- Name changes are not permitted
- You can enjoy one free date change on selected tours up until 60 days prior to your original travel date (subject to seasonal surcharges or package upgrades). Changes can be made by contacting the Tours Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any subsequent date changes will incur a fee of A$250 per person plus any further costs that may apply.
- Date changes do not apply to flights booked with Luxury Escapes. Flight fulfilment and changes are governed by the airline(s) selected at the time of finalising the booking. For your air travel, you are bound by the terms and conditions and fare rules of the selected airline(s).
Covid-19 Related Cancellations
For all new bookings from 13 October 2020, if you can’t travel as a direct result of border closures or government-imposed travel restrictions that directly impact your booking, Luxury Escapes will:
- allow you to change the dates of your tour, or
- offer you a credit for another tour, cruise or accommodation offer, less any third-party costs that Luxury Escapes can’t recover (including from airlines and tour providers)
Itinerary Amendments & Changes
- Occasionally our itineraries are updated prior to departure. This may be to accomodate changes in weather, public holidays, common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes, and unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a change in itinerary (due to safety or events outside of our control) which results in cancellation or change fees in respect of flights (or other parts of your travel) we will notify you as soon as practicable.
- You will be responsible for any associated costs or will otherwise have the right to a refund (less any costs incurred or paid to third parties).
- After completing your booking, your tour cost may be subject to additional surcharges as a result of factors beyond the control of Luxury Escapes.
- Where the cost of delivering your selected tour materially increases between the time of purchase and delivery, Luxury Escapes reserves the right to increase the balance due. Increases may be in relation to, but not limited to, currency fluctuations, taxes, airfares, fuel surcharges, tour costs, or government changes due to Covid-19 health and safety restrictions. A material increase will be considered once in excess of 10% of the package price.
Luxury Escapes reserves the right to modify prices for marketing and commercial reasons. Please note that full terms and conditions apply. Refer to website’s terms and conditions.
Accomodation for the duration of your tour is included in the Tour package.
- You can find relevant accomodation details for each day of the itinerary on the Tour offer page, or in your My Escapes.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and may be substituted for a hotel of a similar or higher standard without notice.
- Rooms will be made available after 3pm on the day of arrival. Checkout is required by 10am. Early check-in and late checkout may be available upon request. Subject to availability. Additional fees may apply.
- Maximum room capacity (Twin Share) is two adults. Maximum room capacity (Solo) is one adult.
- For departures on 25 November 2023 and 9 December 2023, Ranthambore accommodation will be at The Tigress Resort & Spa (Royal Luxury Suites/Cottage or, for VIP Upgrade packages, Royal Luxury Villa).
Pre- & Post-Tour Accommodation Pre- and post-tour accommodation can be booked to extend your stay before or after your tour. Please contact the Luxury Escapes Tours Concierge team at email@example.com for further information.
- Flights between Delhi and your departure destination
- Roundtrip international flights
- Single supplement
- Meals/drinks not stated in the itinerary
- Optional activities/tours, personal expenses/transfers not mentioned
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Tips and gratuities
- Dining inclusions do not include drinks (unless otherwise stated). Menus are subject to change without notice.
Age & Group Restrictions
- This tour is restricted to guests ages 18 years and older.
- Minimum number for this tour to operate is 2 guests.
- Maximum tour capacity is 16 guests.
- Passengers are permitted one piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20kg on tour.
- Passengers are permitted one additional, smaller piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 7kg.
- Arrival and departure transfers are only available on the first and last day. Please note, arrival and departure transfers are included between the hours of 6am and 6pm. If you arrive outside these hours a supplement may apply.
- Please note ‘Private Transfers’ refers to transfers that are exclusive for your Luxury Escapes group and may be shared amongst other members of your group if arriving on the same flight or another flight arriving within a 30-minute window.
- Flight details can be added to your Traveller Forms via ‘My Escapes’, and will be required 60 days prior to travel in order to confirm your transfers.
- The Presidential Palace visit is subject to availability due to the VVIP movement
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Luxury Escapes recommends purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this package. For further information or support in booking travel insurance, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Passports & Visas
- A visa may be required. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they’re holding a current visa for the countries they’re visiting. If the traveller is on a non-Australian passport, a valid re-entry visa may be required.
- Important: Please start arranging your visa at least 6-8 weeks prior to departure to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours and processing time.
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond your return travel date is required for all passengers (including children and infants).
- Traveller Details must be completed for each individual traveller. This information can be added directly to your ’My Escapes’ account.
- Travellers must advise of any medical conditions, mobility restrictions or dietary requirements. Failure to provide such information in advance of your tour may result in an inability to cater to your requirements.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for in most cases, however, on occasion this may not be possible due to location, lack of availability of unique ingredients, and other extenuating circumstances. It is always advised to carry any necessary supplies with you.
- Photo ID must be supplied for all travellers. Failure to provide valid photo ID will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies paid remaining non-refundable.
- For all international tours, a digital copy of your passport must be provided for each guest at least 90 days prior to your tour departure.
Should you require any assistance with your traveller details, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at email@example.com
Health and Fitness Acknowledgement:
- Guests may be required to provide evidence of proof of vaccination against Covid-19 from our ground operator prior to departure.
- Travellers acknowledge that they are required to have a good level of health and fitness to undertake the activities in this tour.
- There are limitations to the degree of accommodations that can be made if travellers are unable to partake in the included activities on this tour. Please consider suitability as additional costs could apply.
- Travellers also acknowledge and agree that neither Luxury Escapes nor the tour provider will be able to provide medical or other assistance in the event that they are unable to complete any aspect of the tour as a result of their health or physical condition (nor is Luxury Escapes liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or death arising from such).
Your tour begins and ends in Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). The extended tour starts at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) and ends in Udaipur Airport (UDR). Private airport transfers are included on the first day of the tour only. Please book your flight to arrive in Delhi by 1pm on Day 1. Your room will be available from 3pm onwards.
Note: The nine-day tour includes a flight from Jaipur to Delhi on Day 9. If you are booking an onward connection, please do not book your flight to leave before 6pm. On the extended tour, you can leave any time after breakfast on Day 12.
Roundtrip flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. If your chosen tour departure date is guaranteed at the time of booking, you may be able to purchase flights immediately. If your tour departure date is not yet guaranteed (still pending minimum numbers), flights should not be booked until you receive an update on the status of your tour.
You MUST complete your booking form within 7 days of booking. Following its completion, our Tours Concierge will be in touch to assist with any additional arrangements – including flights.
Important: Please allow for travelling time from international countries. International flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. It is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements and ensure that you arrive in Delhi on your chosen tour start date.
A visa may be required for the destination you are visiting. It is each traveller's responsibility to ensure they are holding a current visa. Please take the time to visit our preferred vendor website Visas Direct to assist you with any visa application requirements and processes. If you require any supporting documentation when applying for your visa please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist.
Need flights? Our dedicated flights concierge can assist with all your flight requirements (subject to availability). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Destination Information:
Time zone: India Standard Time GMT+5:30
Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
Accessing money: ATMs are widely available with credit cards widely accepted in larger cities and towns. Cash is advised when visiting rural areas. Counterfeit currency is in circulation, take care when dealing with cash.
Language: Hindi or English
Climate: India's climate varies between seasons and from north to south. The climate in North India is generally warm with cold winters while South India is generally hot and humid. India's tropical wet season lasts from June to September.