- Fine Print
Prepare to be in awe with an unforgettable Sydney experience waiting for you at BridgeClimb Sydney in the Rocks
Choose and adult voucher and receive a $100 Luxury Escapes credit or opt for a child voucher and receive a $50 Luxury Escapes credit
Day Climb: $278 for a weekday for one adult, $183 for a weekday for one child, $293 for a weekend for one adult, $198 for a weekend for one child
Night Climb: $238 for a weekday for one adult, $163 for a weekday for one child, $253 for a weekend for one adult, $178 for a weekend for one child
Twilight Climb: $343 for a weekday for one adult, $238 for a weekday for one child, $363 for a weekend for one adult, $258 for a weekend for one child
An iconic and world-renowned symbol of Australia, the Sydney Harbour Bridge has been a celebrated icon since its opening during the Great Depression in 1932
Since opening to the public in 1998, BridgeClimb Sydney has welcomed over 3 million local and international visitors and is rated #1 on Tripadvisor out of 300 tours and activities in Sydney
An intimate experience with a maximum of 14 people per Climb group
Offer is also valid during Sydney's famous Vivid Festival - an incredible outdoor lighting extravaganza showcasing some of the Harbour City's most iconic buildings and there's no better vantage point to take in the sights than atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge
A 3.5-hour Harbour BridgeClimb experience including pre Climb prep with an experienced Climb Leader who will get you into your safety gear and run through all you need to know before you begin your ascent to the summit which sits 134m above sea level
A group photo and an official certificate of achievement
Your Climb cap to take home as a momento
A complimentary pass to the Pylon Lookout and Pylon Lookout Museum which contains a comprehensive collection of displays that celebrate the construction of the Bridge, and shares the challenges of our forefathers
Plus a $100 Luxury Escapes credit per adult purchase or $50 Luxury Escapes credit per child purchase
You drive or jog across it all the time, but have you ever wondered about the view from the top? Conquer the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge in all its world-famous, historic and majestic glory when you head for the summit thanks to BridgeClimb Sydney.
Join the many locals, tourists and celebrities who have made the climb including Heidi Klum, Jamie Oliver, Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Bill Gates, Kevin Spacey, Hilary Duff, Eva Longoria and more.
As if the views weren’t enough, your Climb Leader will keep you extra entertained all the way with interesting stories of the bridge and what you can see as you make your way up. And as for what you’ll see from the top… Ahh. Words just can’t describe it. You’ll have to see for yourself!
Must-do in Sydney, for locals and tourists alike! Check out more about the experience here
Got a question about the Climb? Check out the FAQs here
What We Like
A whopping 75,000+ fans on Facebook
Great gift shop to peruse after the climb – take home a keepsake!
Treat your friends from out of town, or “up” your knowledge of your city
Check out the ‘Fine Print’ tab for all the terms and conditions that apply to this deal
Share your photos on Instagram with #luxuryescapes
Voucher must be redeemed and climb undertaken by 30th November 2016
We strongly encourage bookings to be made by 15 October 2016
Advanced bookings are essential. Reservations are for a specific time (Climb Time), date and product, and are a non-refundable purchase. Customers must arrive at BridgeClimb premises and check-in at reception 15 minutes prior to their Climb Time
Valid for participants aged 8 years and older. Children aged 8-15 must be accompanied by an adult on the Climb. A maximum of three children per adult. Participants must be more than 1.2 metres in height
To complete the climb, participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and strength, full body control hand-eye-foot co-ordination and the ability to climb independently (unsupported by walking aids)
All climbers must sign a BridgeClimb Declaration Form (http://bit.ly/1T0BhX3) prior to participating. The climb is not suitable for participants with: heart conditions, respiratory conditions, physical injuries, learning difficulties, visual impairment (except wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses), vertigo, more than 24 weeks pregnant, limited limb function or limb loss, recent broken bones, surgery in the past six months, or a fit or seizure in the past six months
Alcohol should not be consumed prior to the Climb. You must have an alcohol-blood reading below .05 to climb. Everyone is breathalysed by our staff and anyone over the limit cannot continue
Women who are less than 24 weeks pregnant can climb with clearance from their medical practitioner. The medical practitioner must sign a BridgeClimb certificate of fitness form prior to your climb. See http://bit.ly/1NlN8Ld
At BridgeClimb's discretion, essential medication may be taken on the Climb (For example, asthma inhalers or diabetic medication). Please speak with a BridgeClimb Team Member on the day
Other pre-climb conditions apply for health reasons. If you have any questions, or are concerned about your ability to climb, please check out the FAQs or speak to the staff for advice before booking. We recommend all participants read the certificate of fitness form prior to purchasing http://bit.ly/1NlN8Ld
Even if a potential customer feels able to climb, BridgeClimb may still decline participation and provide a refund
All Customers must wear suitable enclosed rubber soled shoes such as runners, track or hiking shoes. PVC and leather soled shoes are not suitable. Customers should be ready to wear a BridgeSuit over their existing clothing
Lockers are provided as loose objects, including but not limited to cameras, video cameras, audio, pagers, mobile phones, handbags, and any other personal items, cannot be taken onto the Bridge
BridgeClimb operates in all weather conditions with the exception of extreme weather (e.g. electrical storms). If your climb is cancelled due to weather, BridgeClimb will contact you to advise of the next suitable date. refunds will not be provided
You will receive a $50 Luxury escapes credit per child voucher purchased and a $100 Luxury Escapes credit per adult voucher purchased. Please note that you must hold onto your redemption code in order to redeem your credit
Please note, your Luxury Escapes credit will be valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Credit may only be redeemed on purchases of $300 or more. Credit cannot be combined, used in conjunction with any other offer or redeemed for cash. Credit cannot be used on Brdigeclimb purchases
Members can purchase one voucher for themselves and multiple as gifts for different recipients
Cancellation policy applies. Please refer to BridgeClimb standard terms of trade at www.bridgeclimb.com/terms
Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and not redeemable for cash
Redemption instructions can be found on the voucher
Share your photos on Instagram with #luxuryescapes
Please see BridgeClimb's FAQ's below
(NB. FAQ's taken from BridgeClimb website)
- Can children climb? Yes. To participate you must be 8 years and over 1.2 metres tall. Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- What can I expect when I climb with my children (8 to 15 years)? Safety is, and always will be, our number one priority for all of our Climbers; We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, mittens, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions;Climbing the Bridge is an all-age experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range; Children will be required to climb with and next to their parent/guardian; To climb the Bridge, children must be 8 years old and 120cm tall to participate; Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb staff by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour; To find out more, please visit Pre-Climb Checklist or speak to our staff for advice
- Can seniors climb? Yes. Anyone who can sustain moderate physical exertion up to 3½ hours over 1.75km should find the BridgeClimb exhilarating. Our oldest climber, Mrs Chris Muller, reached the summit at 100 years old. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to our staff for advice.
- Can people with a fear of heights climb? In most cases, yes. We have helped thousands of people challenge their fear of heights by climbing to the top of the Bridge. Head over to our Face Your Fear section for more information about how you can prepare for the challenge ahead. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to our staff.
- Can pregnant women climb? If you are less than 24 weeks pregnant, you can participate with a signed Certificate of Fitness Form from your GP. If you are over 24 weeks pregnant you cannot climb.
- Can hearing-impaired people climb? Yes. We encourage climbers who wear hearing aids to leave them safely in their lockers to prevent damage or loss while they are on the Bridge. We have a variety of headsets available and many of our hearing impaired climbers have agreed that these allowed them to enjoy the commentary delivered by their Climb Leader.
- We also offer Auslan Climbs. On an Auslan Climb you’ll be accompanied by an Australian Sign Language interpreter who will interpret the commentary about Sydney and its world famous Bridge. These Climbs occur twice a month. Please get in touch with our team to find out more or to make a booking.
- Can people with a disability or medical condition climb? We do our best to help everyone climb. To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to climb independently. To find out more, please visit Pre-Climb Checklist or speak to our staff for advice.
- Can people with injuries climb? We do our best to help everyone climb. To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to climb independently. To find out more, please visit Pre-Climb Checklist or speak to our staff for advice.
- How long will my Climb take? Our Climb times range from 1.5 to 3.5 hours depending on the Climb type you choose. We ask that Climbers allow a 15 minute provision to collect photos and depart. This applies to all Climbs.
- What are the climbing conditions on the Bridge? The conditions vary based on the day’s weather and the Climb you choose. You can expect to possibly: Climb ladders and walk on catwalks; Participate in prolonged stair climbing; Walk along uneven surfaces and via narrow passageways; Be exposed to all weather conditions
- Can I bring glasses or sunglasses? Yes. Please bring your own glasses or sunglasses to wear on the day of your Climb. (No DVR – digital video recorder – glasses thank you.) For more information please visit Pre-Climb Checklist or speak to our staff.
- Can I take a camera or video camera? No, unfortunately not. Climbers cannot take loose objects, including cameras, phones or GoPros, on the Bridge. This is to safeguard against anything falling from the Bridge. We provide secure lockers for you to keep your camera or any loose objects in during your Climb. Our photographically-trained Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb. Each climber receives one free group photo as part of the experience. Additional photos are available for pre-purchase with your booking, or from our Photographics Team after your Climb.
- Can I bring medication? Essential medication, like inhalers or diabetic medication, can be taken on the Climb. Please speak to our staff on the day.
- What kind of shoes should I wear? Please wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes. PVC and leather-soled shoes are not ideal.
- Where can I leave my belongings while I’m climbing? We provide secure lockers for you to keep any loose objects in, including phones and cameras, during your Climb. The key to your locker will be securely attached to you at all times.
- How long does it take to reach the top of the Bridge from the time of check-in? It takes approximately 2 hours to reach the summit on BridgeClimb, and 1 ¼ hours for BridgeClimb Express and BridgeClimb Mandarin. This includes time to suit-up and complete your pre-climb preparation. The descent takes about an hour.
- How long is it between bathroom breaks? On BridgeClimb, it is approximately 2 hours 40 minutes. On BridgeClimb Express it is approximately 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Where does the climb start and finish? At our Climb Base which is located at 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks, Sydney. See map.
- What do I need to wear on the day of my climb? We equip you in all the outdoor gear you’ll need for your Climb based on the day’s weather conditions and our health & safety essentials. Please wear comfortable clothing on the day of your Climb in case you need to wear it under your suit for warmth. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to our staff.
- Is the Online Booking System secure? Yes. Your privacy and security is our priority. Our online booking system is operated by Jewel Reservation Systems (JRS). All transferred data is encrypted and the JRS system is ranked among the best online security systems available.
- Can I change my booking? It’s a bit like booking an airline flight ticket. BridgeClimb tickets are a non-refundable purchase for a specific time and date. Changes can only be made more than seven days in advance of your Climb.
- Can I propose to my partner at the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge? Yes. The key to a smooth proposal at the summit is to notify us at the time of your booking. We are experienced at discretely helping many couples become engaged at the top thanks to a special ring safety attachment. Please speak to our staff for more information.
This has to be one of the most amazing experiences ever. The staff were superb, helpful, knowledgeable and operated like a well oiled machine! Good preparation and instruction for the climb with structured kitting out and instruction. Felt safe the whole time I was up there."Facebook
Loved every second of it. It was on my bucket list ever since I first heard of it. The views from the bridge are spectacular and the whole experience was completely exhilarating"Facebook