Morocco Luxury Small-Group Tour with Desert Glamping & Five-Star Stays, Camel Ride, 4WD Safari & Dinner Under the Stars
Fall head over heels for Morocco on this exciting nine-day luxury small-group tour (max. 16 travellers). Set off from Casablanca with a guided tour of Hassan II Mosque, tempt your palate with a wine-tasting experience and lunch at Morocco’s premier winery, and roll your sleeves up for a guided cooking class and lunch with a local family. Then, be captivated by desert sands with a 4WD safari adventure, camel ride and dinner under the stars in Merzouga and visit Aït Benhaddou, before reaching Marrakech to weave through the bustling streets.
Travelling by private vehicle and accompanied by an expert local guide, you'll be treated to daily breakfast and a host of memorable dining adventures and immersive local experiences. At the end of each day, retreat to luxurious, handpicked accommodation, including two nights in the desert at The Sandy Tents, and sublime five-star stays at Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca and Riad Fes – Relais & Châteaux.
Your journey takes you to: Casablanca – Fes – Merzouga – Aït Benhaddou – Marrakech.
Welcome to Morocco! Your adventure begins at Casablanca International Airport (CMN), where you will be met by an airport representative and whisked through customs with Fast Track Service. You will then be transferred to your stylish accommodation with time to recharge before meeting the group to celebrate your first evening together.
Prepare for a thrilling day packed with incredible sights and experiences. To begin, your local guide will take you through the breathtaking Hassan II Mosque – one of the most beautiful mosques in the world. Scan your eyes across the hand-carved stone and wood detailing, intricate marble flooring and gilded cedar ceilings.
On the way to Fes, stop by the acclaimed Les Celliers de Meknès, one of Morocco’s best-known wineries within Château Roslane Domaine, for a tasting and lunch. Upon arrival in Fes, the afternoon is yours to explore at your own pace.
Get lost in the imperial grandeur of this city filled with tangled alleys that lead to exquisite fountains and streets bursting with aromatic food stands. Learn the secrets behind some of the country’s best-known dishes as you’re treated to a traditional cooking class, where you will begin by meandering through bustling souks with a local chef to gather your ingredients. Then, embark on a journey for the senses as you learn to craft dishes bursting with flavour, before sitting down to lunch with a local family, who will share insights into local culture and traditions.
After lunch, go back in time as you’re guided on an insider tour of the medina, where narrow, cobbled streets are alive with craftsmen, markets, tanneries, ancient mosques and soaring green minarets. Peek into peaceful courtyards bedecked with carved cedarwood, brightly coloured mosaic tiles and ornaments. The evening is at your leisure.
Today, it’s time to swap cities for the Merzouga Desert. For lunch, your guide will organise a homecooked lunch with a local family in the Midelt Region for a memorable experience. On arrival, you will cruise across the Erg Chebbi dunes on a 4WD safari through Merzouga. Be mesmerised by the shimmering gold dunes, then check into your luxury desert camp. Later, glide across the sand on a sunset camel ride, where you’ll be treated to extraordinary vistas of the desert colours shifting from orange to pink and purple as the sun sets.
Tonight, enjoy the Sahara dunes under dazzling stars by the campfire as you’re entertained with traditional Berber music and gastronomic delights.
Experience the serenity and silence of the desert today with a camel ride into the Sahara, meandering across the red dunes of Erg Chebbi, an incredible stretch of golden sands.
Afterwards, take a 4WD safari adventure across the sands before savouring a picnic in this desert oasis. This evening, enjoy stargazing and the tranquility of the Sahara Desert with an included dinner.
Follow the fabled Road of 1000 Kasbahs this morning, winding past the mud-brick forts of the High Atlas, tracing the Dadès Gorges route across the Valley of Roses and zig-zagging through ancient rust-red mountains past historic castles and fortified villages.
Driving through the valley, you will spy Kalaat M'Gouna, a city renowned for its rows of roses, and Skoura’s historic mudbrick castles. Spend time at the 17th-century Kasbah Amridil, one of Morocco’s grandest kasbahs, before continuing to Aït Benhaddou.
Unearth the 16th-century Aït Benhaddou this morning, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site perched on a hilltop and almost unchanged since the 11th century. It has acted as the backdrop for iconic Hollywood movies and TV shows, including Gladiator and Game of Thrones.
Afterwards, ascend through the High Atlas Mountains before arriving in Marrakech in the late afternoon. Settle into your luxurious accommodation before embarking on a walking tour of the vibrant Djemaa el-Fna. Filled with snake charmers, acrobats, musicians and dizzyingly diverse Moroccan cuisine, this main square has been a hub of activity since its creation in the 11th century. At night, enjoy a delicious Moroccan feast together.
After breakfast, meander through the Old Town, filled with show-stopping souks selling twinkling lamps, colourful textiles and souvenirs. Drop into a traditional bakery that has been selling tagines, bread and local treats for hundreds of years. This is followed by lunch at a rooftop restaurant before visiting the eye-popping Bahia Palace. After an eventful day filled with wondrous sights, spend the remainder of the evening at your leisure.
Your tour ends after breakfast as you’re transferred to Marrakech International Airport (RAK) in time for your onward flight.
- Eight nights of luxury accommodation
- Daily breakfast, five lunches and five dinners
- Explore Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- Wine tasting at Morocco’s premier winery, Les Celliers de Meknès
- Guided cooking class and lunch with a local family
- Race across the Sahara Desert in a 4WD
- Sunset camel ride in Merzouga
- Visit the 1,000-year-old Aït Benhaddou
- Enjoy roundtrip airport transfers and private air-conditioned transport throughout
Dates & pricing
Booking Summary: After you book, please follow the instructions in your booking summary email and ensure you complete your traveller information details within 7 days.
- Please note, this initial email is not your tour confirmation. Tours often require a minimum amount of travellers to go ahead, so your departure may not be guaranteed immediately
- Once there is an update on the status of your tour, you will be contacted via email by a member of our Tours Concierge Team, and they will advise if the tour has been confirmed. Please do not book flights or make any non-flexible arrangements until you receive this update.
- Should you require assistance with your tour, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist with any of your queries and who will support you right up until you return from your journey.
7-Day Change of ‘No Questions Asked’ Refund Guarantee:
- Things don’t always work out. Our 7-day Change of Mind Guarantee is there to help. Bookings (except for cruise bookings, flights and deposit fee, if applicable, which are subject to the cancellation terms of the relevant supplier) may be cancelled with a full refund provided that cancellation occurs strictly within 7 days from the date of purchase and provided that the cancellation is made no less than 90 days prior to the departure date.
Following the 7-Day Change of Mind Guarantee period,
- Name corrections may incur a fee
- Name changes are not permitted
- You can enjoy one free date change on selected tours up until 90 days prior to your original travel date (subject to seasonal surcharges or package upgrades). Changes can be made by contacting the Tours Concierge Team at email@example.com. Any subsequent date changes will incur a fee of A$250 per person plus any further costs that may apply.
- Date changes do not apply to flights booked with Luxury Escapes. Flight fulfilment and changes are governed by the airline(s) selected at the time of finalising the booking. For your air travel, you are bound by the terms and conditions and fare rules of the selected airline(s).
Covid-19 Related Cancellations
For all new bookings from 13 October 2020, if you can’t travel as a direct result of border closures or government-imposed travel restrictions that directly impact your booking, Luxury Escapes will:
- allow you to change the dates of your tour, or
- offer you a credit for another tour, cruise or accommodation offer, less any third-party costs that Luxury Escapes can’t recover (including from airlines and tour providers)
Itinerary Amendments & Changes
- Occasionally our itineraries are updated prior to departure. This may be to accomodate changes in weather, public holidays, common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes, and unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a change in itinerary (due to safety or events outside of our control) which results in cancellation or change fees in respect of flights (or other parts of your travel) we will notify you as soon as practicable.
- You will be responsible for any associated costs or will otherwise have the right to a refund (less any costs incurred or paid to third parties).
- After completing your booking, your tour cost may be subject to additional surcharges as a result of factors beyond the control of Luxury Escapes.
- Where the cost of delivering your selected tour materially increases between the time of purchase and delivery, Luxury Escapes reserves the right to increase the balance due. Increases may be in relation to, but not limited to, currency fluctuations, taxes, airfares, fuel surcharges, tour costs, or government changes due to Covid-19 health and safety restrictions. A material increase will be considered once in excess of 10% of the package price.
Luxury Escapes reserves the right to modify prices for marketing and commercial reasons. Please note that full terms and conditions apply. Refer to website’s terms and conditions.
Accommodation for the duration of your tour is included in the Tour package.
- You can find relevant accomodation details for each day of the itinerary on the Tour offer page, or in your My Escapes.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and may be substituted for a hotel of a similar or higher standard without notice.
- Rooms will be made available after 3pm on the day of arrival. Checkout is required by 10am. Early check-in and late checkout may be available upon request. Subject to availability. Additional fees may apply.
- Maximum room capacity (Twin Share) is two adults. Maximum room capacity (Solo) is one adult.
Pre- & Post-Tour Accommodation
Pre- and post-tour accommodation can be booked to extend your stay before or after your tour.
Please contact the Luxury Escapes Tours Concierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Roundtrip international flights
- Single supplement
- Meals/drinks not stated in the itinerary
- Optional activities/tours, personal expenses/transfers not mentioned
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Tips and gratuities
- Dining inclusions do not include drinks (unless otherwise stated). Menus are subject to change without notice.
Age & Group Restrictions
- This tour is restricted to guests aged 18 years and older.
- Minimum number for this tour to operate is two guests.
- Maximum tour capacity is 16 guests.
- Passengers are permitted one piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20kg on tour.
- Arrival and departure transfers are only available on the first and last day. Please note, arrival and departure transfers are included between the hours of 6am and 6pm. If you arrive outside these hours a supplement may apply.
- Please note ‘Private Transfers’ refers to transfers that are exclusive for your Luxury Escapes group and may be shared amongst other members of your group if arriving on the same flight or another flight arriving within a 30-minute window.
- Flight details can be added to your Traveller Forms via ‘My Escapes’, and will be required 60 days prior to travel in order to confirm your transfers.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Luxury Escapes recommends purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this package. For further information or support in booking travel insurance, reach out to email@example.com
Passports & Visas
- A visa may be required. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they’re holding a current visa for the countries they’re visiting. If the traveller is on a non-Australian passport, a valid re-entry visa may be required.
- Important: Please start arranging your visa at least 6-8 weeks prior to departure to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours and processing time.
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond your return travel date is required for all passengers (including children and infants).
- Traveller Details must be completed for each individual traveller. This information can be added directly to your ’My Escapes’ account.
- Travellers must advise of any medical conditions, mobility restrictions or dietary requirements. Failure to provide such information in advance of your tour may result in an inability to cater to your requirements.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for in most cases, however, on occasion this may not be possible due to location, lack of availability of unique ingredients, and other extenuating circumstances. It is always advised to carry any necessary supplies with you.
- Photo ID must be supplied for all travellers. Failure to provide valid photo ID will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies paid remaining non-refundable.
- For all international tours, a digital copy of your passport must be provided for each guest at least 90 days prior to your tour departure.
Should you require any assistance with your traveller details, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Fitness Acknowledgement:
- Guests may be required to provide evidence of proof of vaccination against Covid-19 from our ground operator prior to departure.
- Travellers acknowledge that they are required to have a good level of health and fitness to undertake the activities in this tour.
- There are limitations to the degree of accommodations that can be made if travellers are unable to partake in the included activities on this tour. Please consider suitability as additional costs could apply.
- Travellers also acknowledge and agree that neither Luxury Escapes nor the tour provider will be able to provide medical or other assistance in the event that they are unable to complete any aspect of the tour as a result of their health or physical condition (nor is Luxury Escapes liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or death arising from such).
Your tour begins at Casablanca Airport (CMN) and ends at Marrakech Airport (RAK) with roundtrip airport transfers.
Flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. Please do NOT book your flights until your tour is confirmed. If your chosen tour departure date is guaranteed at the time of booking, you may be able to purchase flights immediately. If your tour departure date is not yet guaranteed (still pending minimum numbers), flights should not be booked until you receive an update on the status of your tour.
Please book your flights to arrive at Casablanca Airport by 2pm on Day 1 and depart Marrakech Airport any time after breakfast on Day 9 (or Day 11 for the extended tour. Note that the drive time from Essaouira is approximately 2.5 hours to Marrakech, and should be taken into consideration for onward flights).
Private roundtrip airport transfers are included in your tour on the first and last day only.
You MUST complete your booking form within 7 days of booking. Following its completion, our Tours Concierge will be in touch to assist with any additional arrangements – including flights.
Important: Please allow for travelling time. Flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. It is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements and ensure that you arrive in Morocco on your chosen tour start date
A visa may be required for the destination you are visiting. It is each traveller's responsibility to ensure they are holding a current visa. Please take the time to visit our preferred vendor website Visas Direct to assist you with any visa application requirements and processes. If you require any supporting documentation when applying for your visa please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist.
Need flights? Our dedicated flights concierge can assist with all your flight requirements (subject to availability). Contact email@example.com.
Important Destination Information:
Time zone: GMT +01:00
Currency: Moroccan dirham
Accessing money: ATMs are widely available with credit cards widely accepted within the city. Cash is advised when visiting rural areas.
Climate: Tropical climate with temperatures reaching as high as 35 degrees and as low as 5 degrees in the Sahara. Summers are dry rather than humid, with a cooler climate in the mountains. During winter, the country enjoys an average temperature of 21 degrees.
Dress code: Relaxed but respectful, especially when visiting religious institutions.
Update 10 March 2023, 12.20pm AEDT: Age & Group Restrictions updated, please see Important Information.