Maldives All-Inclusive Extension with Overwater Villa & Free-Flow Drinks + Sri Lanka Yala National Park Safari & Five-Star Stays
Fall in love with the unspoiled beauty of Sri Lanka on this 12-day luxury small-group tour (max. 16 travellers). Between discovering the striking landscapes of this island nation, learn about the 150-year-old tradition of tea-leaf-picking at luscious plantations with a high tea experience and roam through the magnificent Yala National Park on a wildlife safari, before ending each day in superior comfort at the likes of the five-star Jetwing Kandy Gallery and Jetwing Yala. Then, be transported to a literal paradise staying at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives. Stay by the water and feel the sand in between your toes in an Overwater Bungalow with all-inclusive dining and free-flow cocktails included.
Relish the intimacy of this unique tour as you spot Weligama stilt fishermen perched on a single pole above the ocean's glistening waters, visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sigiriya Fortress, also known as the 'Lion Rock'; breathe in the rich aroma of Matale's Spice Garden, and enjoy a scenic train ride through hillside tea plantations to Nuwara Eliya. Your journey culminates with a tour of Galle, with its colonial architecture and UNESCO World Heritage-listed 16th-century fort. Enjoy daily breakfast and a selection of handpicked lunches and dinners, the services of expert local guides to lead the way, private transportation and transfers throughout, and so much more.
Your journey takes you to: Colombo — Negombo — Sigiriya —Matale — Kandy — Nuwara Eliya — Yala National Park — Galle — North Male Atoll, Maldives.
Welcome to beautiful Sri Lanka. On arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), you will be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel in Negombo. As most flights arrive into Colombo late in the evening, there are no activities scheduled for today. The day (depending on your arrival time) is at your leisure.
This morning, meet your local guide and the rest of your group before departing for Sigiriya. En route, you will enjoy a visit to Dambulla, with its UNESCO World Heritage-listed rock temple dating back to the first century BC. The caves of Dambulla sheltered King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile from Anuradhapura.
Continue to Sigiriya, arriving in the late afternoon. Enjoy some time to unwind before your group welcome dinner.
This morning, after breakfast, climb the fifth-century, UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sigiriya Fortress, also known as ‘Lion Rock’ due to the huge lion gateway that once stood at the entrance. On one of its stairways, beautiful frescoes (which are the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting) can be observed.
Afterwards, enjoy a local lunch before continuing to Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, home to Gal Vihara (Rock Temple) and ancient palace ruins.
Return to the hotel in the late afternoon, where the rest of the evening is at your leisure.
This morning, you'll depart for Kandy, with a stop en route at the Spice Garden in Matale to discover the different spices Sri Lanka is famous for. Continue to Kandy for a city tour incorporating Upper Lake Drive, the market square and the Temple of Tooth – the sacred temple home to the palm-leaf transcripts dating back to 1687.
Kandy is rich with temples, shrines and monasteries and is an example of Buddhism’s influence in Sri Lanka today.
After checking into the hotel, the evening is at your leisure.
Today, you'll enjoy the scenic train through the hillside tea plantations to Nuwara Eliya, regarded as one of the most beautiful train journeys in Sri Lanka (subject to availability). Witness green rolling hills and tea pickers at work in the tea plantations.
Arrive at The Grand Hotel and unwind in ultimate grandeur.
Please note: The scenic train is subject to availability and weather conditions. Should the scenic train not be available, it will be replaced with a scenic drive through this region.
After breakfast, you'll enjoy a morning 'tea experience' with a visit to the local plantations and factory. First introduced to the country in 1867 by Englishman James Taylor, tea is Sri Lanka’s main export. You will be able to personally acquaint yourself with the art of tea plucking and learn about the full process of production, from planting and varietal differences to the auction and tasting.
Afterwards, enjoy an afternoon 'high tea experience'.
The remainder of the day is at leisure. Relax in your room or explore the local trails that wind through the tea gardens by mountain bike or on foot.
This morning, you'll travel to Yala National Park (approx. five hours). You'll stop on the way for lunch before arriving in Yala in the late afternoon, where the evening is at leisure.
This morning, enjoy an early morning jeep safari in the beautiful Yala National Park. Yala is the best location to sight and photograph rare and remarkable leopards, plus other incredible animals, including elephants, bears, wild boars, buffalos, deer, crocodiles and many species of bird. The national park ranges from open parkland to jungle with waterholes, streams, small lakes and lagoons.
Return to the hotel for breakfast and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Relax by the hotel’s pool or down by the beach – the choice is yours.
This morning, you'll depart for Galle after breakfast.
En route, you'll visit the Weligama stilt fishermen and watch them go about their daily routine. In chest-deep water, just a few metres off the shore, the stilt fishermen perch on a single pole planted into the sea-bed. This is a common fishing method among the locals in the southern part of Sri Lanka.
Continue to Galle, arriving in the late afternoon.
This morning, enjoy a tour of Galle with its colonial architecture and UNESCO World Heritage-listed, 16th-century fort. Before Colombo, Galle was the main seaport of Sri Lanka and it houses the fort which was initially built by the Portuguese in 1619 and later further developed by the Dutch and the British.
The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure. This evening, you'll enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Following breakfast, you will be transferred back to Colombo. On arrival, the rest of the day is at your leisure to explore this unique city. The port city is famous for its ancient east-west trade routes with a vibrant colonial heritage reflected in its mansions and lush gardens.
This morning, you will be transferred to the airport (CMB) for your flight to Malé (MLE). On arrival, take a speedboat transfer to Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives – your paradise home for the next four magical nights.
Whether you’d like to laze around in your Water Bungalow, discover the underwater nirvana that makes the Maldives so famous, or book in some lavish day trips and spa treatments (additional cost), the next three days are yours to completely relax and unwind. Take advantage of your all-inclusive package: enjoy unlimited signature cocktails and feast on freshly prepared meals from morning until late evening as the sun sets over the turquoise lagoon.
Refer to day 13
Refer to day 14
This morning, you will be transferred to the airport (MLE) by speedboat. On arrival, continue your onward journey home.
- Four nights of five-star accommodation in a Water Bungalow at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives
- All-inclusive dining: daily breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as mid-morning, afternoon and late evening snacks
- Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks: international house brands of spirits, wines, draft beer, signatures cocktails and soft drinks
- Roundtrip speedboat transfers from Malé to the resort
- Full access to the resort's gymnasium as well as the use of tennis and squash courts, table tennis, billiards and beach volleyball with all equipment
- 11 nights of premium or five-star accommodation across Sri Lanka
- Daily breakfast and select dining experiences as per the itinerary
- Discover cultural and sacred sites including the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sigiriya Fortress
- Ride one of the world’s most scenic train routes from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- Learn about the full tea-making process and enjoy a tasting in the tea plantations
- Savour a high tea experience at The Grand Hotel
- Experience an unforgettable morning jeep safari tour in Yala National Park
- Breathe in the rich aroma of local spices on a guided tour through a family-run spice plantation
- Witness the famed stilt fishermen in Weligama
- Visit the Dutch Galle Fort on a city sightseeing tour
- One signature spa treatment per adult
- Expert guides accompanying you throughout the experience
- All sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Private air-conditioned transportation and roundtrip airport transfers throughout
Dates & pricing
Update 28 April 2023 3pm AEST: Ayurveda massage at Jetwing Vil Uyana's spa per adult is no longer available and will be replaced by an equivalent signature spa treatment per adult.
Booking Summary: After you book, please follow the instructions in your booking summary email and ensure you complete your traveller information details within 7 days.
- Please note, this initial email is not your tour confirmation. Tours often require a minimum amount of travellers to go ahead, so your departure may not be guaranteed immediately
- Once there is an update on the status of your tour, you will be contacted via email by a member of our Tours Concierge Team, and they will advise if the tour has been confirmed. Please do not book flights or make any non-flexible arrangements until you receive this update.
- Should you require assistance with your tour, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist with any of your queries and who will support you right up until you return from your journey.
7-Day Change of ‘No Questions Asked’ Refund Guarantee:
- Things don’t always work out. Our 7-day Change of Mind Guarantee is there to help. Bookings (except for cruise bookings, flights and deposit fee, if applicable, which are subject to the cancellation terms of the relevant supplier) may be cancelled with a full refund provided that cancellation occurs strictly within 7 days from the date of purchase and provided that the cancellation is made no less than 90 days prior to the departure date.
Following the 7-Day Change of Mind Guarantee period,
- Name corrections may incur a fee
- Name changes are not permitted
- You can enjoy one free date change on selected tours up until 90 days prior to your original travel date (subject to seasonal surcharges or package upgrades). Changes can be made by contacting the Tours Concierge Team at email@example.com. Any subsequent date changes will incur a fee of A$250 per person plus any further costs that may apply.
- Date changes do not apply to flights booked with Luxury Escapes. Flight fulfilment and changes are governed by the airline(s) selected at the time of finalising the booking. For your air travel, you are bound by the terms and conditions and fare rules of the selected airline(s).
Covid-19 Related Cancellations
For all new bookings from 13 October 2020, if you can’t travel as a direct result of border closures or government-imposed travel restrictions that directly impact your booking, Luxury Escapes will:
- allow you to change the dates of your tour, or
- offer you a credit for another tour, cruise or accommodation offer, less any third-party costs that Luxury Escapes can’t recover (including from airlines and tour providers)
Itinerary Amendments & Changes
- Occasionally our itineraries are updated prior to departure. This may be to accomodate changes in weather, public holidays, common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes, and unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a change in itinerary (due to safety or events outside of our control) which results in cancellation or change fees in respect of flights (or other parts of your travel) we will notify you as soon as practicable.
- You will be responsible for any associated costs or will otherwise have the right to a refund (less any costs incurred or paid to third parties).
- After completing your booking, your tour cost may be subject to additional surcharges as a result of factors beyond the control of Luxury Escapes.
- Where the cost of delivering your selected tour materially increases between the time of purchase and delivery, Luxury Escapes reserves the right to increase the balance due. Increases may be in relation to, but not limited to, currency fluctuations, taxes, airfares, fuel surcharges, tour costs, or government changes due to Covid-19 health and safety restrictions. A material increase will be considered once in excess of 10% of the package price.
Luxury Escapes reserves the right to modify prices for marketing and commercial reasons. Please note that full terms and conditions apply. Refer to website’s terms and conditions.
Accomodation for the duration of your tour is included in the Tour package.
- You can find relevant accomodation details for each day of the itinerary on the Tour offer page, or in your My Escapes.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and may be substituted for a hotel of a similar or higher standard without notice.
- Rooms will be made available after 3pm on the day of arrival. Checkout is required by 10am. Early check-in and late checkout may be available upon request. Subject to availability. Additional fees may apply.
- Maximum room capacity (Twin Share) is two adults. Maximum room capacity (Solo) is one adult.
Pre- & Post-Tour Accommodation Pre- and post-tour accommodation can be booked to extend your stay before or after your tour.
- Negombo – Jetwing Beach, Negombo (Deluxe Room): from A$274 per night with breakfast included, subject to availability. Surcharges may apply.
Maldives – Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives (Overwater Bungalow): from A$1,132 per night on a Standard All Inclusive basis, subject to availability. Surcharges may apply.
Please contact the Luxury Escapes Tours Concierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Accommodation as specified
- Daily breakfast and additional dining experiences as specified in the itinerary
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as per the itinerary
- The services of expert local English-speaking guides
- Private airport transfers and air-conditioned transportation throughout
- Accommodation as specified at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives
- Roundtrip speedboat transfers from Malé to the resort
- Full access to the resort's gymnasium as well as the use of tennis and squash courts, table tennis, billiards and beach volleyball with all equipment
- The Maldives all-inclusive package is valid between 7am and 12am daily and includes the below:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at Vah Restaurant (surcharges apply if eating at other venues)
- Selection of freshly prepared local snacks served from 10.30am to 11.30am (available on request), 4pm to 6pm (mini buffet), and 10.30pm to 11.30pm (available on request)
- Unlimited regular international house brands from a selection of spirits and wines, served by the glass
- Unlimited selection of draught beer
- Unlimited selected signature cocktails and mocktails from a special menu
- Unlimited soft drinks, canned fruit juices, mineral water, and tea and coffee
- Full access to the fully equipped gymnasium, badminton, tennis, squash courts, table tennis, billiard/snooker, beach volleyball and football (equipment included)
- Roundtrip international flights
- Single supplement
- Meals/drinks not stated in the itinerary
- Optional activities/tours, personal expenses/transfers not mentioned
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Tips and gratuities
- Dining inclusions do not include drinks (unless otherwise stated). Menus are subject to change without notice.
Age & Group Restrictions
- This tour is restricted to guests ages 18 years and older.
- Minimum number for this tour to operate is two guests.
- Maximum tour capacity is 16 guests.
- Passengers are permitted 1 piece of checked-in baggage with a maximum weight of 30kg.
- Passengers are permitted one carry-on piece with a maximum weight of 7kg
- Arrival and departure transfers are only available on the first and last day. Please note, arrival and departure transfers are included between the hours of 6am and 6pm. If you arrive outside these hours a supplement may apply.
- Please note ‘Private Transfers’ refers to transfers that are exclusive for your Luxury Escapes group and may be shared amongst other members of your group if arriving on the same flight or another flight arriving within a 30-minute window.
- Flight details can be added to your Traveller Forms via ‘My Escapes’, and will be required 30/60 days prior to travel in order to confirm your transfers.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Luxury Escapes recommends purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this package. For further information or support in booking travel insurance, reach out to email@example.com
Passports & Visas
- A visa may be required. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they’re holding a current visa for the countries they’re visiting. If the traveller is on a non-Australian passport, a valid re-entry visa may be required.
- Important: Please start arranging your visa at least 6-8 weeks prior to departure to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours and processing time.
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond your return travel date is required for all passengers (including children and infants).
- Traveller Details must be completed for each individual traveller. This information can be added directly to your ’My Escapes’ account.
- Travellers must advise of any medical conditions, mobility restrictions or dietary requirements. Failure to provide such information in advance of your tour may result in an inability to cater to your requirements.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for in most cases, however, on occasion this may not be possible due to location, lack of availability of unique ingredients, and other extenuating circumstances. It is always advised to carry any necessary supplies with you.
- Photo ID must be supplied for all travellers. Failure to provide valid photo ID will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies paid remaining non-refundable.
- For all international tours, a digital copy of your passport must be provided for each guest at least 90 days prior to your tour departure.
- Should you require any assistance with your traveller details, please contact our Tours Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Fitness Acknowledgement:
- By purchasing this tour, you acknowledge the Covid-19 Health & Safety advice as shown here.
- Guests may be required to provide evidence of proof of vaccination against Covid-19 from our ground operator prior to departure.
- Travellers acknowledge that they are required to have a good level of health and fitness to undertake the activities in this tour.
- There are limitations to the degree of accommodations that can be made if travellers are unable to partake in the included activities on this tour. Please consider suitability as additional costs could apply.
- Travellers also acknowledge and agree that neither Luxury Escapes nor the tour provider will be able to provide medical or other assistance in the event that they are unable to complete any aspect of the tour as a result of their health or physical condition (nor is Luxury Escapes liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or death arising from such).
Your tour begins and ends in Sri Lanka at Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) with roundtrip airport transfers.
Roundtrip flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. If your chosen tour departure date is guaranteed at the time of booking, you may be able to purchase flights immediately. If your tour departure date is not yet guaranteed (still pending minimum numbers), flights should not be booked until you receive an update on the status of your tour.
Please book your flights to arrive at Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) anytime on Day 1 and depart Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) after 10am on Day 12.
Maldives Extension: A one-way flight from Colombo to Malé, Maldives (Velana International Airport, MLE) is included in your package. Roundtrip speedboat transfers are included to Velana International Airport (MLE). If you are connecting to an international flight, it is recommended to book your departing flight after 12pm to allow for delays and check-in. Please note a return flight to Sri Lanka is not included.
Please reach out to email@example.com to confirm times after booking the extension package.
Private roundtrip airport transfers are included in your tour on the first and last day only.
You MUST complete your booking form within 7 days of booking. Following its completion, our Tours Concierge will be in touch to assist with any additional arrangements – including flights.
Important: Please allow for travelling time from international countries. International flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. It is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements and ensure that you arrive in Colombo on your chosen tour start date.
A visa may be required for the destination you are visiting. It is each traveller's responsibility to ensure they are holding a current visa. Please take the time to visit our preferred vendor website Visas Direct to assist you with any visa application requirements and processes. If you require any supporting documentation when applying for your visa please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist. Click here to visit the website.
Need flights? Australian customers can now purchase flights with or without accommodation packages. We are working hard to launch this functionality in other markets. For now, our dedicated flights concierge can assist with all your flight requirements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.