Escape to the undulating hills of Ubud to find sumptuous serenity at the exclusive Tanah Gajah, a Resort by Hadiprana (formerly The Chedi Club). Sitting among 12 acres of verdant rice paddies, this exclusive estate guarantees peace and quiet but is just 3km from the artists’ village of Ubud, where remarkable restaurants and galleries await. This unbelievable resort is rated in the top 1% worldwide on Tripadvisor and was named among the Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice, Best of the Best 2020 Top 25 Boutique Luxury Hotels in the world.
As the former estate of Hendra Hadiprana, one of Indonesia’s most respected art collectors, the resort places tranquility at its forefront, with lotus ponds and reflection pools scattered amid the 20 villas and suites. Rediscover the true meaning of relaxation with a day of pampering at the spa, or take to the skies with Bali’s first hot-ballooning adventure. Dine among the rice paddies or learn about Balinese culture with onsite cooking classes, dramatic Kecak dance performances and tours of the surrounding landscapes. Unwind in a sumptuous suite or pool villa with club access and let your private butler look after your every need, from babysitting to poolside pampering.
Luxury Escapes inclusions (select nights)
- Wake up to à la carte breakfast every morning
- From poolside pampering to unpacking, your private butler will look after your every need
- Get into the holiday spirit with free-flow sunset cocktails served daily between 6pm and 7pm
- Experience relaxation with a 60-minute massage per person
- Never go thirsty with a fresh minibar every day, updated with beer, juices and soft drinks
- Sample an afternoon pick-me-up with daily afternoon tea in your room, or in the resort’s bar or lounge
- Catch up on the news with a daily newspaper delivered to your door, alongside seasonal fresh fruits
- Sample a delicious three-course lunch or dinner for two at The Tempayan (for stays of 2+ nights)
- Travel to Tanah Gajah, a Resort by Hadiprana in style with a one-way airport transfer (for stay of 3+ nights)
- It’s the impossible choice: an additional 60-minute massage each or three-course dinner for two at the resort’s thatched-roof restaurant (for stays of 5+ nights)
- Arrive and depart relaxed with return airport transfers (for stays of 7+ nights)
Travelling with friends or family? For a little extra space, upgrade to the Two Bedroom Club Family Pool Villa, where a tropical garden, private pool and outdoor bathtub await. Packages valid for two adults and two children (aged 11 years and under). For four adults, check out the incredible Hadiprana Estate, once the master accommodation for the resort’s founder. Soak your day away in the outdoor jacuzzi or find a special spot around the 10m private pool.
Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice, Best of the Best 2020 Top 25 Boutique Luxury Hotels — World